The Cross and the World
 Νέο Θέμα  Απάντηση στο Θέμα
 Εκτυπώσιμη Μορφή

Συγγραφέας Προηγούμενο Θέμα Θέμα Επόμενο Θέμα  
simori
ΜΕΛΟΣ "Forums ESOTERICA"

Greece
2290 Μηνύματα
Απεστάλη: 05/01/2007, 22:07:30  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Στείλτε ένα Yahoo! Μήνυμα στο Μέλος simori  Απάντηση με Παραπομπή (Quote)

Χωρίς ενδοιασμούς μα με ευλάβεια απέναντι στους λαούς και τον χρόνο..

Το κείμενο δεν απαγορεύετε,

ας μοιραστούμε τους τέσσερις ορίζοντες ...

Ancient Cross Tombstone

Christ of Saint Jhon of the cross
Salvador Dali

Η Πείρα δεν ΔΙΔΑΣΚΕΤΑΙ

Η ομορφιά απλώνεται.....

S I M O R I L .......

Edited by - simori on 05/01/2007 22:09:28

simori
ΜΕΛΟΣ "Forums ESOTERICA"

Greece
2290 Μηνύματα
Απεστάλη: 05/01/2007, 22:10:39  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Στείλτε ένα Yahoo! Μήνυμα στο Μέλος simori  Απάντηση με Παραπομπή (Quote)

Bewcastle Cross
Thought to have been created between 700 and 800 A.D. this is probably the finest, if incomplete, Anglian cross in Britain. While it's true origins are lost in time, attempts at translation and interpretation suggest either a celebration of the spread of Christianity to the north, or perhaps a monument to a local victory in battle.

There is a strong tradition for the sites of roman forts like this being used for early Christian cells. There may have been a monastic settlement here, perhaps suggested by the sun dial on the south face, though the first record of a church is from 1277. With it's interlaced knot work, runic inscriptions and reference to King Alcfrith, the cross was certainly of great significance.

Only a thorough excavation of this major site might cast further light on it's origins, and while there are other more urgent excavations throughout the country, this is unlikely to happen.

Η Πείρα δεν ΔΙΔΑΣΚΕΤΑΙ

Η ομορφιά απλώνεται.....

S I M O R I L .......

Μετάβαση στην Κορυφή της Σελίδας
simori
ΜΕΛΟΣ "Forums ESOTERICA"

Greece
2290 Μηνύματα
Απεστάλη: 05/01/2007, 22:12:10  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Στείλτε ένα Yahoo! Μήνυμα στο Μέλος simori  Απάντηση με Παραπομπή (Quote)

The right cross arm depicts the Resurrection with guards kneeling on each side of the tomb and three angels behind them holding in a napkin a small figure representing the soul

The bird under Christ's feet may represent the phoenix, a common symbol for the resurrection. Between the spiral bosses and the two soldiers are two small figures, the one on the left (Christ's right--his "good" side) seated frontally, the one on the right (Christ's left and "bad" side) with its back turned. These probably are personifications of the sun and moon, regular features of medieval crucifixions. Adopted from pagan imagery, they came to prefigure the relationship of the New and Old Testaments since the Old Testament (the moon) was only to be understood by the light of the New (the sun).

Η Πείρα δεν ΔΙΔΑΣΚΕΤΑΙ

Η ομορφιά απλώνεται.....

S I M O R I L .......

simori
ΜΕΛΟΣ "Forums ESOTERICA"

Greece
2290 Μηνύματα
Απεστάλη: 05/01/2007, 22:13:09  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Στείλτε ένα Yahoo! Μήνυμα στο Μέλος simori  Απάντηση με Παραπομπή (Quote)

Two felines, one with a kitten, the other with a bird, sit in high relief before an inscription which is usually translated "a prayer for Muiredach for whom the cross was made [or who caused the cross to be erected]." The Muiredach in this inscription is generally thought to be the abbot who died in 922/23, thus giving the cross its name and the suggested dating (900-923).

http://www.bluffton.edu/~sullivanm/muiredach/muiredach.html

Η Πείρα δεν ΔΙΔΑΣΚΕΤΑΙ

Η ομορφιά απλώνεται.....

S I M O R I L .......

simori
ΜΕΛΟΣ "Forums ESOTERICA"

Greece
2290 Μηνύματα
Απεστάλη: 05/01/2007, 22:14:13  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Στείλτε ένα Yahoo! Μήνυμα στο Μέλος simori  Απάντηση με Παραπομπή (Quote)

Cross Sundial
http://www.mysundial.ca/tsp/cross_sundial.html

Caspar David Friedrich

Η Πείρα δεν ΔΙΔΑΣΚΕΤΑΙ

Η ομορφιά απλώνεται.....

S I M O R I L .......

simori
ΜΕΛΟΣ "Forums ESOTERICA"

Greece
2290 Μηνύματα
Απεστάλη: 05/01/2007, 22:15:12  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Στείλτε ένα Yahoo! Μήνυμα στο Μέλος simori  Απάντηση με Παραπομπή (Quote)

Celtic Cross

Christ Carrying the Cross

Η Πείρα δεν ΔΙΔΑΣΚΕΤΑΙ

Η ομορφιά απλώνεται.....

S I M O R I L .......

simori
ΜΕΛΟΣ "Forums ESOTERICA"

Greece
2290 Μηνύματα
Απεστάλη: 05/01/2007, 22:16:19  Εμφάνιση Προφίλ  Στείλτε ένα Yahoo! Μήνυμα στο Μέλος simori  Απάντηση με Παραπομπή (Quote)

The Labyrinth and The Cross
http://www.2near.com/edge/cross/

Η Πείρα δεν ΔΙΔΑΣΚΕΤΑΙ

Η ομορφιά απλώνεται.....

S I M O R I L .......

Νέο Θέμα  Απάντηση στο Θέμα
 Εκτυπώσιμη Μορφή
Μετάβαση Σε:

ESOTERICA.gr Forums !

© 2010-11 ESOTERICA.gr

Μετάβαση Στην Κορυφή Της Σελίδας